Hormone Replacement Therapy

interested in mtf hrt

Corner Health provides hormone transition therapy. 

Please call to get more information or to schedule an appointment for more information. 

hello! I’m moving to michigan by the end of august and I’m already on testosterone I was wondering if it would be okay if I would be able to make an appointment to get a prescription for testosterone?

Please call to schedule an intake appointement and please bring any previous medical records that you have.

I'm a transgender minor who will be turning 18 in a few months and plans on scheduling an appointment as soon as relatively possible to start HRT. I do not have insurance and am wondering how much the cost of such a process is. Any information, pointers, ect?

The first step in starting HRT through Corner Health is to make an appointment to establish care. At that appointment you will get a physical exam and blood tests.   After the first appointment, you schedule another appointment to discuss the hormone treatment options.  After starting hormones there are follow up appointments every 3 months for the first year. 

If you do not have insurance there is a sliding fee scale that is used to determine the cost of your appointments.  

There is also someone at Corner who can assist you in signing up for insurance.  

Does the Corner Health Center offer FTM testosterone in the form of intramuscular injections, subcutaneous injections, or both? Is it up to the patient?

Injectable testosterone is a therapy option which is discussed at an assessment appointment

I am Transgender and I heard I can get testosterone from you guys. Is this true?

Corner Health provides transgender care for people ages 12-25.  The first step is to schedule an appointment to establish care and then you would be referred to our physician who specializes in hormone therapy.  


I'm interested in going on HRT (hormone replacement therapy), but my family doctor doesn't have much knowledge on this situation. Do I have to have therapy to be qualified to start?

At Corner Health Center we see patients who want hormone replacement therapy.  We do not require a therapist evaluation in order to start.  We do a physical examination and blood tests and then our physician does a thorough assessment to determine a plan of treatment. 

If you are under age 18 parental consent is required. 

Give us a call at 734.484.3600 if you would like to schedule an appointment!


If I am under 18 and want to start hrt (hormone replacement therapy) do I need both parents permission or just one?

Each patient's individual situation is assessed .  Corner does prescribe Hormone Replacement Therapy without the consent of both parents depending on the circumstances 


Phone: 734.484.3600 | Fax: 734.484.3100
Alternative and MIHP Fax: 734.829.0137

47 N. Huron Street, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197 | Map »