Hello! I've VPH and one big genital wart, I haven't treat them because I'm scheduled to do chryoterapy next month, I haven't had any discomfort from it, but yesterday I started feeling very itchy, what are the symptoms to a vaginal infection? Do they have something to do with the HPV?

Genital warts can be itchy.  Itching can also be a sign of vaginal infection.  Symptoms of vaginal infection can also include abnormal vaginal discharge, change in odor or texture of vaginal discharge. 

If you believe you may have an infection schedule an appointment with your primary care provider or at Corner Health Center. 

Approximately 6 months ago, I was diagnosed with HPV, during those 6 months I was having unprotected sex with my bf, does that mean he has HPV too, what signs should we, be concerned about, to see if I had infected him?

HPV is sexually transmitted.  Your bf may develop genital warts but often people with HPV do not see visible warts.  

The HPV vaccine is available for anyone 9-26 to prevent HPV

So i have a question, this guy I've been seeing for 6 months told me he once had an out break of the herpes versus but he hasnt had an out break in years. He said we are okay as long as he's not having an out break, and he said he can always feel it coming and knows the signs. Well here is some history about me. Im female, i have had cold sores on my mouth years ago and maybe here and there throughout the years as I've struggled with tough acne as well as psoriasis. I've also had cervical cancer cells removed years but I've had good paps since then. Oh i also have a dental fistula, from a poorly executed root canal procedure done a couple years ago, and it is an open wound at times, most days. We both do oral, and i let him do anal. So my questions are with his history is he still at risk for transferring to me at any time even though he said he could tell when he is going to have an out break? Next question, do i have a chance of getting cervical cancer/ cells / again? Doesn't it just lay dormant once you have it? And since I've had cold sores on my mouth, would going down on him trigger his herpes2? I know these are some extensive questions but im too embarrassed to ask any doctor's office here because everyone knows everyone and people talk, regardless of HIPAA, so i appreciate anything you can tell me,thanks

1) Abnormal cervical cells are most likely from HPV which is human papilloma virus. 

If you have regular negative pap smears that means you no longer have the virus which can go on to cause cervical cancer


2) HSV is herpes simplex virus.  There are 2 types.  Type 1 (oral) and Type 2 (genital).  

Both types are spread by direct contact.  Oral can be spread to the genitals via oral sex and genital can be spread to the mouth via oral sex. 

The virus may be spread when there is an obvious lesion and prior to that when people feel the virus coming.  However, it is also thought that the virus both type 1 and type 2 may spread when there are no signs.  


If you have further questions or concerns schedule a confidential visit with your primary care provider, at Corner Health or at your local health department adult clinic. 

I fingered a girl with genital herpes and immediately after sometime I touched my penis. Is it possible that I will get herpes? That girl was not having an outbreak. And I don't have any cuts on my fingers or on my penis.

Herpes is spread by contact with the herpes lesion. There does not need to be a break in the skin for it to be spread.    (There is some thought that the virus may be active a for a short time before the lesions appear. ) If there were no obvious lesions it is unlikey that the virus was spread.   

HELLO! I recently was diagnosed with hpv, because I have some warts in the genital area, im waiting for more results to see what treatment is the best for me since I also have some damage on the cervix, but I want to know if it is safe to wear tampons, while I on my period?

Yes, it is ok to use tampons.

My bf had contact with someone with HPV, he said she had genital warts and he made her oral, should I be concerned that he might be infected since he cheated with this girl but had sex with me some days after

Genital warts are spread by direct contact.  If he contacted them on his month after oral, he can spread them to you.  

I have a skin coloured bump on the front side of my penis (a lot down from my head). I thought it was a pimple and when i squeezed it, nothing came out, because it seemed like it was inside of my skin. The thing is it's not that big, but you can still see it and if i squeeze it I don't feel any pain or discomfort. I'm just concerned what that is and should I be worried.

It is difficult to diagnose a bump or lump without seeing it.  What you describe could be a viral wart (HPV) , or a skin tag. 

Bumps on the penis from herpes are typically red and painful.

For further evaluation schedule an appointment with your primary care provider or at Corner Health Clinic

If I suspect I have HPV in my tongue and throat because I have little kind of warts, who is the correct doctor to have an appointment to treat that oral virus, my dentist, the gynecologist or a infectologist ?

You can schedule an appointment with your primary care provider or at Corner Health Center. They can do furhter assessment, testing and refer you if needed.  Probably a referral would be to a ENT (ear nose ad throat specialist 

Hello this week I have been diagnosed with HPV, I want to know if there is a trusty source where I can investigate all about this virus, also I would like to know how many time does the treatment take and approximately when I could be able to have sex again, also once you have been diagnosed and have taken the treatment, are you a candidate to the HPV vaccine ?

This CDC  (Center for Disease Control) website is a very reliable source of information.  If you still have questions, please schedule an appointment with your primary care provider or at Corner Health Center.


On the last 6 months I had sex with my ex boyfriend and now with my new boyfriend,we are really careful and are on birth control, I want to know if we should take any tests to make sure we are healthy concerning our sex life and also me as a woman what tests should I take just to be sure.

You and your new boyfriend should schedule appointments to both be tested for STIs.  Testing includes urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia and blood test for HIV, syphillis and hepatitis.  Using condoms will prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections. 

Phone: 734.484.3600 | Fax: 734.484.3100
Alternative and MIHP Fax: 734.829.0137

47 N. Huron Street, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197 | Map »