I have severe OCD... I used to obsess over cleaning... i am currently a 25 year old female. from the ages of 16-24 i over-used clorox disinfectant wipes and disinfectant spray. i would even use them directly on my skin sometimes... i spent HOURS (at least 4 a day) spraying my small apartment and car with no gloves or ventilation... I know NOW that this is very bad but in my head at the time I was keeping myself and those around me safe... do you think that permanent damage has already been done and i will develop cancer at an early age or die at an early age? i am very worried and depressed when i think about what i have done to my body...

It is hard to know how your body has reacted to the wipes and disinfectant.  Please schedule an appointment with your primary care provider or at Corner Health Center to discuss your concerns. 

It is also important to get the appropriate treatment for severe OCD.

How do i deal with my depression? I've tried a therapist I've tried pills iv'e tried everything and i don't seem to be happy, recently I've gotten extremely depressed because i got taken away from my mother and its been giving me anxiety and making me very sad all the time i don't think theres one time of the day i'm not crying even therapists think i don't have a cure for my sadness.

There are many many treatments for depression.  There are always new options.  Please schedule an appointment with your dr or come to Corner Health Clinic.  

There are also helplines such at Ozone House 734-662-2222, The texting hotline 741-741 for additional support. 

How do you help with depressed kids?

That's a great question.  There are many options to help kids and adults with depression.

The first step is making an appointment to talk about what you are experiencing.  If you are 14 or older you do not need a parent's permission to be seen at a clinic for mental health issues (in the state of Michigan).

If you are under 14 you will needs a parent's permission. 

At your first visit we can talk about your symptoms and talk about the different options.  Some of the options are:

1) Talking with a trained therapist and learning about how to deal with symptoms. 

2) Some kids need medication. 

3) Some kids need both, talking and medicine.

Every person gets individual treatment to help them feel better. 

Please call 734 484-3600 to schedule an appointment.

I'm a student at EMU along with my best friend. My friend has been struggling with a lot lately and because of that her anxiety and depression has been consuming her. It's to a point where she's having extremely bad panic attacks nearly every night and thinks that everyone in her life is going to leave her. She doesn't trust the services provided here on campus (or talking to a professional in general) and I can't physically be there all the time to help her. I'm at a loss with what to do and I really just want to get her some help. What should I do?

You are in a very difficult situation.  Please have your best friend schedule an appointment at Corner Health.  We will do an assessment and assist her to get the treatment she needs. 

Call 734-484-3600.  



Is there a way to know if I'm depressed or have anxiety issues? I am having some troubles and I don't feel like myself lately, but I am afraid to tell my parents. Also they are very closed minded and they won't let me go to a doctor. What can I do?

If you are over the age of 14 in the state of Michigan you do not need your parents consent to get mental health services. Please schedule an appointment at Corner health or your own health care provider to discuss your symptoms. 

If you are under 13, try telling your parents you aren't feeling well and would like to see a health care provider. 

While what you are feeling may be depression or anxiety there are other things that can cause people to not feel like themselves. 


I have an active life and I am very social, but a lot of the time I feel like I wish I wasn't here anymore. I don’t understand why I have these feelings of sadness and I don’t know what to do about it.

Many people, including those with active and social lives, experience feelings of sadness or depression for a variety of reasons during different times in their lives. Often times, people tend to cover it up and not express these feelings, but actually the BEST thing to do is to recognize these feelings and talk to someone who can help! Here at the Corner, you can meet with a mental health professional who can help you figure out what is going on and how you might be able to feel better. Click here to schedule an appointment with a healthcare professional!


I think that I might be depressed. Are there any ways to know for sure? What are some things that I can do if I am?

Depression is a common issue among young people.  You are not alone!  However, if you are feeling like you might be depressed, now is the time to schedule an appointment with a healthcare professional.  Some of the signs and symptoms of depression include trouble sleeping, lack of concentration, change in appetite, and feeling worthless, hopeless, or guilty.  If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, call us!  Here at the Corner, you can meet with a mental health professional that can help you to figure out what is going on and how you might be able to feel better.

I have been on the Depo shot for a while now. This is probably my 5th shot, and since I got it I’ve been feeling really depressed. Is this normal? And is there something I can do for my depression?

Thanks for your question! Any medication, including Depo-Proveracan have unpredicted side effects.

With Depo-Provera, though, the side effects usually happen after the first shot and then level off as your body gets used to the change in hormone levels. Considering this is your fifth Depo-Provera shot, I would not automatically assume that it is causing your depression.

However, it is definitely time to make an appointment to see a health care provider! Depression of any kind can be scary and dangerous, and needs to be addressed by a professional. Click here to schedule an appointment.


Phone: 734.484.3600 | Fax: 734.484.3100
Alternative and MIHP Fax: 734.829.0137

47 N. Huron Street, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197 | Map »