Sweet Pea Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP)
What is Sweet Pea MIHP?
The goal of MIHP is to help women have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. It provides you with support, education and referrals to community agencies during and after pregnancy. MIHP is free to you if you are pregnant and on Medicaid. Our MIHP team is made up of a nurse, nutritionist and case worker who all specialize in working with pregnant young women. Your MIHP meetings take place during your regular pregnancy care visits to make it easy on you!
Sweet Pea MIHP provides you with:
- Information about pregnancy and delivery
- counseling and support
- help in getting food and infant supplies, such as diapers
- transportation to medical appointments
- nutrition counseling
- education about breastfeeding
- help enrolling in childbirth education classes
Interested in MIHP? Contact us today for more information!