If I had chlamydia and was going under treatment for it, and gave my boyfriend a handjob with my saliva, is there a chance he might have contracted it?

It takes 7 days for the antibiotics to completely work to cure a chlamydia infection.  If you had oral chlamydia (in your mouth) it is possible it could be transmitted.

If you had vaginal chlamydia and there was no contact with the vagina then it would not be transmitted

I was asked to take azithromycin pills to cure my Chlamydia. Is it cured within the 7 days I took it or do I have to wait 2 weeks to have sexual contact with someone again?

It takes 7 days to cure the infection.  Also it needs to be 7 days after your partner was treated or you will be one reinfected.  Condom use will prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted infections

On the last 6 months I had sex with my ex boyfriend and now with my new boyfriend,we are really careful and are on birth control, I want to know if we should take any tests to make sure we are healthy concerning our sex life and also me as a woman what tests should I take just to be sure.

You and your new boyfriend should schedule appointments to both be tested for STIs.  Testing includes urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia and blood test for HIV, syphillis and hepatitis.  Using condoms will prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections. 

I recently found out I have chlamydia. I have yet to be treated. But if I masturbate and don't wash my hands right after, can it still be spread to someone?

If the organism is alive it can be spread.

You need to get treated before the infection gets worse and spreads to others. 

I know that chlamydia cant be transmitted through skin to skin contact like if the bacteria goes on my hand body etc since it doesn’t survive on the skin but I’m really worried as my partner who had chlamydia he’s on treatment now few days ago spit into my asshole and touched it, am I infected by spit?

Chlamydia is not spread through saliva.  If your partner had oral chlamydia and there was any contact orally there is a chance it could be spread. 

It is recommended that people have yearly screening for stis and also with any new partners. 

Please schedule an appointment at Corner or with your primary care doctor.

Hello. My question may sound naive but makes me anxious. It is about std's. I got into an unwanted situation with guys I did not know. To keep it short, there were seconds of kissing and my penis was taken into someone's mouth also for a second or two. It was that short because I said it was unwanted and after all this I managed to leave. It wasn't really sexual act, I would consider 'only' physical contact... Is there a realistic risk that I may be infected? if yes which disease can be spread this easy? And after how many days should I have a test for it? Certainly I do know that I can be 100% sure if I get tested, sure, but I'd like to know if there is a real risk for me.. Thank you very much...

I someone's mouth is infected wth gonorrhea or chlamydia or herpes  it can be spread through oral contact to the penis. 

If you are concerned or if you develop any symptoms such as burning, pain, or sores, you should see your health care provider to be tested or you can schedule an appointment at Corner Health Center. 

Can I contract chlamydia by ONLY KISSING NO SUCKING JUST KISSING my partners tip of penis who has chlamydia and did not have pre cum or was wet at the time. (he has the std chlamydia)

If you came in contact wtih chlamydia it is possible that you could contract the infection.  Safest thing to do is to get treated for exposure to chlamydia .  It is a one time dose of an antibiotic.  You can call Corner Health to schedule an appointment  for the medication. 

If I was tested somewhere else and told I have chlamydia can I come to your clinic to receive treatment?

It is important to get treatment as soon as possible.  Yes you can schedule an appointment to come to Corner Health (734-484-6400) or your health care provider or the Washtenaw county health dept, adult (734-544-6840).


I want to start having sex, with a guy I just met. I don't know him very well. What are the question I should ask him and what steps should I take to not get pregnant?

Before starting a sexual relationship with a new partner, it is smart to ask to see their recent test results for sexually transmitted infections. The most common infections we see at Corner are gonorrhea and chlamydia, and can be run through a simple urine test.

To avoid pregnancy, we recommend chosing a reliable method of birth control and also using condoms for STI protection.  The Corner offers several long acting, reversable contraception options including Nexplanon (the implant that goes in your arm) and IUD's. 

If you have more questions or concerns you and your new partner can come in to Corner and we can talk more about your options.


I have tested positive for chlamydia and have been giving oral sex to a partner. Can I pass it to him from my mouth?

You can pass chlamydia through vaginal, anal, and oral sex. Since clamydia is a sexually transmitted disease, it can be passed through the exchange of bodily fluids including oral sex. It is important that your partner is aware of you testing positve for chlamydia, and that you both use protection when engaging in sexual activity. Condoms and dental dams will help decrease your chances of spreading chlamydia to your partner. You can call us to make an appointment for treatment or just stop in for some free condoms.

Phone: 734.484.3600 | Fax: 734.484.3100
Alternative and MIHP Fax: 734.829.0137

47 N. Huron Street, Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197 | Map »